Friday 14 March 2008

Friday Tunes

Hi cyber music afficionados,

Paul here again for another ripping installment of this week Friday Tunes! Swashbuckling, I know...

Todays theme will be awesome clips by artists who should probably run for leaders of countries, lets just say they have my vote!

First up is the very cool animated clip for Melbourne band Skipping Girl Vinegar. I know we have spoken of these guys before, but they will be dropping their brand new album really soon ( I have had a sneakly little listen and between you and me, it hot!) and i thought i should just re-iterate why they are just that good!

The clip is for the track 'One Chance' which you would have no doubt heard on the wireless, that is unless of course you have had your ears filled with brocolli and tarzans grip glue.

The One Chance clip was actually made by the Skipping Girl Vinegar vocalist/guitarist/daredevil pilot Mark Lang. Now I know what you are thinking, anyone can make a clip with a camera phone, walkman and a small painted woodern duck... Well this is true but, check the clip out and you will see just the lengths Mark has gone to, fantastic!



The second clip here is from my all time favorite artist Tom Waits. The Track is called "Gods Away on Business". Anyone who can incorporate emus into a film clip deserves all the accolades one can give!

Have a great weekend and enjoy!

No comments: